Saturday, December 8, 2012

Why Apple lost big recently

The major reason (at least to me) is folks taking profits and is accelerated by the expecting higher capital gain tax next year.

It is tough to see my recent purchase to losing gains from 25% to 3%. However, it would be the best time to buy Apple. Fundamentally it is quite sound and penetrating to new markets like China with the newer products would make the next two quarters attractive.

I see it will go to 700 next year and then it will come back to 500 range after that. All their products will become commodities with competitors catching up after next year. Apple products are physically indestructible (my grandchildren have proven it). There will not be improvements that would drive me to upgrade except to boost my social standing. I do have a long list but it will not convince me to spend my hard-earned $500.

Moving production back to US will help the US employment and buy some good will, but it will decrease profits for sure. They need to ensure there are enough rare earth elements, and not to be screwed by unions.

Apple should look at applications instead of hardware. iTV hardware is quite capable, but need the contents. iText (my turn) will take away the need to carry text books to schools. There are many apps that is only limited by our imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment