Thursday, April 24, 2014

On Money

Yes Sam, as Einstein said "everything is relative".

We're living in a peaceful time (at least in our world). We should be considered fortunate and those who were born in the US are lottery winners. My parents went thru Japanese brutal invasion and their parents thru China's brutal government, and their grandparents went thru the semi colonization by the 8 foreign devils after the Opium Wars.

My book writing contributes less than 1% of my income but takes up 50% of my time. It is a hobby at best. However, holding of a printed book written by me rewards me more than any gold in the world.

I'm frugal as I went thru harder time. I'm rich when I compare my negative account balance when I started. As I said on China, we should compare ourselves with what we're 10, 20 and 30 years ago. However, money is not the the objective in life and happiness is. After we've the basics, money is not important.

No comments:

Post a Comment