Friday, August 1, 2014

Product innovation?

Products should not be innovated just because of the word 'innovation'. Consumers should be considered first even they usually select the wrong choice. Making the market appeal for the last buck is very short-sighted. Too many examples:

* Boeing learned it the hard way by reducing the sizes of the battery with new technology. How much it costs the company (financially and credit wise) and how much it can save in fuel? You decide. They should have tested it thoroughly. All those learned in college such as Alpha Test, Beta Test, QC 101... are lost due to the greed and the ignorance of the decision makers.

* Microsoft's Windows is a nightmare with a ghost taking hold of my keyboard (should have two versions with one for tablets), constantly asking me to upgrade (why so many upgrades...), shutting down when my battery is about 13% (is the 12% of the battery never used)... Did all the older programmers (over 45) leave Microsoft who know how to do basic QC? The software is supposed to improve my productivity. How ironic!

* Do you prefer to have a car 10 years ago without all the today's problems (except the safety features)? I need a reliable and safe car for basic transportation. I've not used my cruise control for years and have never pressed the button to fold down the back seats automatically.


* Those new versions of Apple phones only hurt our environment more in order to boost one's ego and 'social standing'. 

---------------------
If you're into investing, this book The Art of Investing could make you some money. It is a combination of my two books, "Debunk the Myths in Investing" and its sequel. It includes all of my ideas in investing. 

Click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment