Saturday, January 3, 2015

Rants

* Still a lot of news on China compared to India and Japan. It shows the muscle of China's economy.

* I believe the oil price will be at $65 by the end of 2015 and $70 or even higher by the end of 2016. It is all based on supply and demand. The supply will be down when many drillers stop drilling and explorers stop exploring. The demand will be higher with the improving economies and increasing global population (more energy consumption from China and India alone). The only unknown factor is shale energy.

* I bet my money where my mouth is. I bought more oil stocks yesterday. I should forget them for a year. Just lucky yesterday and I should be emotionally detached (not blowing my horn here but I need to tell someone except my wife). I did recommend it yesterday or the day before. Do not forget to send me money for my advice. It is better than sex (the joke of the day):)

* China console ban will be lifted. Alibaba and the 30 thieves have to stop the thieves producing the consoles that can play any pirated games. You do not make money on consoles but the games. AMD could be a winner if Alibaba's console uses its CPUs. Alibaba may buy Sony, not Sony's Alibaba movie right.

* Comcast will be hurt by iTV, Sony TV, Chromcast...Basically just use the internet to stream TV shows by-passing the cable box. Not a bright future for cable companies. When two losers merge, there will be STILL two losers as demonstrated by the formula 1 Loser + 1 Loser = 2 Losers. Every kindergarten student should know about that. Time Warner learned it the hard way before by ignoring my other formula: 1 Loser * 1 Winner = 1 Loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment